We made it through Khios.
I had organized an independent tour for Khios with a tour and car. I found out yesterday (when I asked for the cell phone number) that the tour guides were on strike and they were only going to give us a car for the day ... and get this they raised the price.....
I don' think so!!!!!!!
We ran around like crazy people last night... found our group and all rebooked with princess.
Little did we know what laid ahead.
They said this morning that the tenders would be choppy..... There must be a translation issue here since if those waters were choppy I want to know what hellish waters would be. Our tender bounced all over the place... people were screaming.... I still am shocked nobody threw up all over the place.... although for awhile I thought Jeff and I would be the first.
After being seasick and hot because our 20 minute trip had no circulation.... we got on a bus....
We debated giving up our tickets then but after spending $200 decided to go on....
They did not put the air on in the bus for the 30 minute drive. It was like a sauna. Even the windows steamed up. (we were too far back to say anything)
Seriously I got off of the bus and was soaking wet from sweat. I ca't even understand how it got so hot in there. It wasn't even hot out.
It all got better from there. The 2 villages we visited were interesting, we did some shopping and the trip back luckily was uneventful. We lucked out for taking a morning tour because they cancelled all of the afternoon tours. Our original tourmates had scheduled the same tour in the afternoon and had it cancelled.
gotta run... Istanbul is tomorrow!
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Pyramids look amazing. Sorry about your boat ride. Hope the rest of the trip goes well.
ReplyDeleteTrix is fine. She is taking good care of me.
she walks me daily at 12;00 am 3 & 6 am. so that I get plenty of exercise. GRR.
I watch the bridge Cam.
Stay safe . Love you guys
Mom