Monday, April 2, 2012

Our weekend money saving!

I thought I'd share our money savings from the weekend.

Guest Bathroom:
  • Mirror: We found a great mirror at Homegoods to go above our vanity.  The one we originally picked out at Lowes was $240.  We got the one at Home Goods for $30.     $210 saved
  • Tub/ Floor Tile: When we originally found the tile we liked it was beyond our budget.  I called around and was able to find it $3/ sqft cheaper  $300 saved
  • Backsplash/ Wall Tile: We originally had planned on getting mosaic tile for around our sink and above the vanity (going up to the ceiling) The tile was $29/ sq ft.  We ended up deciding to use 6x6 tiles that are only $8/sqft.  Over $200 saved\
  • Bathroom Accessories: We bought our towel racks and toilet paper holder from Homegoods for between $7 and $10 each.  These normally sold in Lowes etc for about double that.  ~ $40 saved
Between these and other cost effective choices, so far we have trimmed our Guest Bath budget about $2500 from our initial estimate without compromising what we want.



Laundry:
We have been talking about getting a new dryer ever since I had to come home because I wasn't sure if our dryer turned off.  We knew there was an issue with it, but i hadn't really affected us previously.  We decided to replace both at the same time because our washer was the cheapest model that we could find when we were renting and I really don't like it.

We went to Lowes on Saturday to get light bulbs and decided to look at the W/Ds to see if we would want a front or top loader.  Well.....

We found one that we liked.... the price had been dropped $100 each.  Then there was a 10% off sale.  Then we had a 10% off coupon.  It ended up to be about $500 cheaper.... so we got them!  :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment