Tuesday, July 7, 2009

House -1 Jeff and Michelle - 0

The house has won yet another battle.

We have spent the last 3 days taking off all of the downstairs doors, sanding them, priming them, painting them, getting new hinges for them, priming the door frames, painting the door frames... I think you get the hint on the amount of work. We had grand plans for finishing the doors and putting our new locks on tonight. I was so excited. I have always hated the doors and their knobs.

We installed the hinges and went to put the doors back on tonight and they do not fit. Yes you read that right. The doors will no longer close. The hinges are the same size if not smaller, so that isn't it. The first door we tried scraped off all of the paint when we went to shut it. The 2nd door didn't want to shut so we didn't force. It was 5:30 and Jeff and I looked at each other and he said... "this is a project for another day" We are going to the beach tomorrow so I guess we will tackle it again on Thursday.

Jeff finished painting the windows in the bedroom and bathroom today (that was a 3 day job as well) He still needs to touch up around the windows and get the paint off of the windows, but I'm happy to say that the red windows are gone! We still do not have shades though. I got tired of the lack of privacy and taped packing paper on the walls so we could shower. Totally ghetto... I know!

Here is a before and after of the bedroom downstairs. The current pictures are really dark because of the sun in the background.


No comments:

Post a Comment