Yesterday I finish my shower and start drying myself off just to realize that I was standing in a pool of water (note this is in our downstairs shower which has a floor even with the rest of the bathroom) --- not good!
I wake Jeff up to tell him he might not be able to shower. He showers quickly and the water slowly drains......and he asks me to get some draino.
I come home feeling powerful with draino in hand
I open up the drain..... YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The amount of hair and crap in there was beyond gross.... and the smelll.... ack! the only thing I could compare it to was sticking your head in a portapotty. That might even be better than our drain.I would rather clean up Trixie poop in the house 10 times than ever having to clean out that drain again....... ack! ack! ack!
I finally get all of the crap out and I pour in a half of bottle of draino and wait the 30 minutes.... nothing happens......
I pour the 2nd half of the bottle and wait........
and wait.....
and wait.........
Until Jeff makes it home at 8:00 from work.....
We decide a trip to lowes is in order.
We come home with safety goggles, neoprene gloves, a declogger and a snake that attached to our drill. I take first pass at it with the declogger and am unsuccesful. Yuck!
I am feeling defeated and then Jeff calls me a raccoon (as a result of the lines from my glasses) --- so I hand them over to him! (hahahaha-- he can fix it!)
He proceeds to spend the next 2 hours working on the drain with the snake while I try and figure out a way to fix the shower upstairs in case we needed it.
At about 10:30 we were finally able to get water down the drain.
Yuck. The bathroom was gross.... so bad I wouldn't even use my mop on it
I ended up spraying down the room with lysol spray, rinsing it with the sprayer and then lysoling it again..... and then I was very happy when Jeff was the first to shower this morning.... because I didnt' want to be....
I feel icky just thinking about it!
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment