Saturday, September 26, 2009

Trixie the troublemaker

I started painting this morning at 6:00. I woke up at 4 and couldn't fall back asleep--- totally wrong for a saturday morning.

anyway.......

I was painting the bookshelf in the family room and even though I was sitting right there Trixie starts scratching on the bedroom door. Not good considering Jeff was trying to sleep. Apparently she learned that if she puts her body weight on the door it normally opens. (the door doesn't latch well) She wanted into the bedroom so she could have a rug to lay on. Apparently my sweatshirt that I put on the floor for her wasn't good enough for her.

I go and get her a rug and bring it into the family room and I start painting the bottom of the shelves. In order to paint the bottom of the shelves I have to lay on my back on the floor. As I'm painting It seems like there is a shadow being cast over me. I look up to find Trixie's head over my face. She managed to pin me between the bookcase and tray of paint and starts licking me. yum.. doggie slobber! ;-)

she apprently wants something so I get up and take her out again. She decides to go and play by the street so i end up grabbing my flip flops and running outside in the wet grass to go and get her. It is 49 degrees out.... brrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!! cold wet feet with grass clippings stuck to them... yeah... good times!

I should have just picked her up and carried her inside. she was following me so I went into the house. apparently she got distracted and never made it up the stairs so I had to go out and get her. she didn't seem to want to come inside so I had to chase after her (a bit of a challenge in wet fliip flops) I finally grab her and bring her in.


I get back inside, give her her treat and tuna (she wouldn't eat her breakfast) and sit down with the computer in the living room. She starts scratching at the bedroom door again. I'm not sure which is worse, the thought of her waking Jeff up or her potentially scratching the freshly painted door. I think she is trying to drive me insane today...

1 comment:

  1. LOLOLLOL
    SOUNDS LIKE MY BABY IS FEELING BETTER. (my baby with the paws) and if she wants TUNA it means only 1 thing she misses her # 1 MOMMY
    Just think you could have an orignal Trixie door with painted paw prints all over it.!
    You know how you love to be original.

    ReplyDelete