This week was a lesson in insanity. I don't know what else to call it.
I'm responsible for a project at work but only work on it about 20% of the time. My lead for the project had to go this week and help his mom in florida who had a stroke. This means I was down a person and had to try and personally make up for it in my spare time. The end result was me working 12 hour days and still not getting half of my job done. Due to a number of issues, the project started going into meltdown on Wednesday.
Thursday night we had tickets to see the philadelphia orchestra. We had gotten the tickets as a gift. it was ugly but I managed to leave work and made the show. This meant that I was behind when I came in on Friday morning. We got home late and I had to be in on Friday at 7:30 so I was beat....
Then I get the call that my grandmother was going to have surgery that day (she had broken her foot earlier in the week but it didn't look as if she was going to have surgery) The big issue here was that my brother was also having surgery that day. The short story here is that I ended up having to drop everything at work so I could drive 3 hours to be with my grandmother before she went into surgery. She needed someone to be able to explain things to her since her english isn't great.
Both her and my brother made it out of surgery. By the time my grandmother got back into the room it was 9:30 PM... and they I started my trek back home. I finally get home around 11:30 PM.... what a freaking day
Now back to my 80 emails that were waiting for me when I opened my email today................
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
YOU'RE ALWAYS THERE WHEN WE NEED YOU. GOOD GIRL!
ReplyDeleteTHANKS I LIKE THE BOOK RACK BY THE FRIDGE.