Wednesday, November 16, 2011

No Rico for us

We were notified that we did not get Rico :-(

I really don't know if I have it in me to rescue a dog from one of the rescues.  The whole process is just ridiculous.  I'm all for the dogs getting a good home.  However, a lot of these rescues take it to an extreme, in my opinion.

I was just reading some of the adoption rules for another one of the rescues.  One of the rules, you have to agree to in adopting the dog is that the rescue can come to your house, either before or after the adoption process, and if they decide that  you are taking good enough care of the dog, they can nullify the adoption and take back the dog.

Excuse me.....

Yes you read that correctly...... they think that they can come into my home after the adoption and take back the dog....

these people are nuts!

Could you imagine that happening with a child?  .... adopting a child and having to sign that the adoption agency could take it back.... ridiculous!

I'm going to put myself on the local spca's websites when we get back from vacation so that I will be notified of any shih-tzus.  I'm thinking that is the only way I'm going to end up with one without losing my sanity or telling someone where to shove it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment