Saturday, November 5, 2011

Renovations are on hold again

Our flaky contractor has totally flaked on us this time.  Jeff called him twice and he did not call us back.  Oh well... we will need to find a new contractor now.  Renovations will be on hold until further notice :-(

However, all of this needs to wait until our vacation is over.... we are in heavy planning mode now.  We cannot wait to sit and relax in warm sunny weather!

and once we get back we will start looking for a dog....

I saw an adorable dog online today and we sent in an application.  He's what we are looking for and close by too.  I doubt we will get him, but we are starting the process.  Each rescue requires a different application process.  Rico's application was 4 pages long (not bad compared to some).  He will require them to visit our home, call 2 references along with our vet.  At least I did not need to write essays in this application.  The whole process is insane.  No wonder why there are so many homeless dogs.  It takes almost an act of god to get some of these dogs.  Some places disqualify you if your yard isn't fenced, others if you won't crate train the dog and then others if you do not stay home during the day.  I estimate it will take 3 months of heavy looking to find a dog.

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/21275037


No comments:

Post a Comment