After removing the paneling next to the fridge I noticed that there was a large gap in the floor. decided to measure the distance.
36"
The fridge we really wanted was only 35 3/4 (+1/8 on each side for ventilation)..... Yup... you know where this is heading?
We measured about 5 different ways and each time we came up with just barely squeezing the fridge in there.
At 8:00 PM we decided to head out to Best Buy to return the fridge that was supposed to be delivered on Friday and order a new fridge (the one we really wanted at 35 3/4") from home depot. Lets keep our fingers crossed that it will fit.
Returning the fridge took a ridiculously long time. I'm not sure why they had to call someone in applicances over to return the items. They couldn't figure out what to return. This isn't brain surgery it is the 4 items that have "refrigerator" in the item description.It truly pains me how incompetent the Best buy workers are. I seriously wonder how some of them function in life.
With my refund in hand we go to Depot and get the new fridge. We discover that we could get the dishwasher (that we had ordered at Best Buy) for less at Depot and it would be delivered the same day as the refrigerator (Best buy delivered one day and installed another day) It was a no brainer so we bought both at Depot (for a savings of about $350) and headed back to Best Buy.
Again they had to call over the appliance manager. Seriously, I wanted to jump over the counter and do it myself. I'm not sure how someone who does returns all day long can be so incompetent with doing a return.
Long story short.... since we have an extra week Jeff is going to install the waterline for the fridge and I'm going to finish spackling and painting the fridge area before the fridge arrives.... We are saving about $350, I don't have to waste a vacation day waiting for best buy to deliver and we are doing dishes by hand for another week.
We'll find out on the 7th whether or not it fits...... With the way things are going I'm thinking we are going to have to remove the drywall to get the fridge to fit...
Another day... Another couple thousand dollars....
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment