Friday, May 21, 2010

I'm working on being human again

So after 2.5 weeks of coughing my brains out the doctor tells me I'm finally getting better. Now please don't mistake this as me doing better. I spent the better half of the day in bed today and am still coughing my brains out, but apparently I am getting better. He even has hopes of pulling me off of disability on Monday.

In laymans terms in appears that my lungs are just annoyed at coughing at this point and the new inhaler he gave me should make them happier.

so in case you were keeping track....
I'm on
  • nebulizer
  • inhaler 1
  • inhaler 2
  • cough syrup with codeine
  • antibiotic
  • mucinex
  • prednisone
  • my regular allergy medication
way too much medicine if you ask me!

The longer term downside to this is that I'm going to need to stay on some of the inhalers for awhile... big bummer!

the other downside is that since my lungs get much worse when I drink... I won't be drinking for awhile.... a sad thing since tyson and kathleens wedding is in 2 weeks. :-(

oh well.. at least I'm on the way to recovery.

We have our staycation this week so I should hopefully have lots of updates to the house. I won't be able to do anything strenuous (heck I have problems walking stairs), but Jeff should be able to do some of the stuff we had planned.

that is all for now.....

1 comment:

  1. Wow! way too much meds is an understatement.
    Shirley Temple's for Michelle.
    I'm sure Jeff is looking forward to his HONEY DO VACATION???? LOL
    Hope you're actually feeling better as opposed to the dr thinking you're
    feeling better

    ReplyDelete