Sunday, October 2, 2011

Total slacker day

Between my back and Jeff's aching body from 8 hours of painting yesterday today was a pretty unproductive day. 

However, I did hang 2 pictures in the living room.  Two may not seem like a big number, but considering those pictures have probably been sitting on the floor in the living room for over a year, it is a pretty big accomplishment.  I'd take a picture of them except Jeff is in there watching TV now and I would loose my joy quickly if I stood in front of his TV.

I started our first fire today.  It was so sad to say good-bye to summer. I switched the flue and thought I was set.  After smoke started filling up the room I discovered that I had switched it closed instead of open.  This means we had left it open all summer... ugh! (isn't there a commercial where the dollar bills fly up the chimney?)

I made sure that I shut it tonight.  As I shut it I heard something fall.  Tink.... kind of like glass before it shatters.... I look around the fireplace and everything is fine.... I get the flashlight to look inside the fireplace and find half of a new door hinge.

Bizarre!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had our fireplace surround insulated this year by our handyman.  I'm guessing he must have used one of the door hinges he was putting up to push the insulation around.... that is the only thing I could think of.........

My vicodin is kicking in.... night.. night........

No comments:

Post a Comment