Saturday, March 14, 2009

Bad Doggy Daddy

Before I start the story let me give you some background. Since we moved into the house Jeff has mocked me endlessly because whenever I let Trixie out for her "long" walk I put the timer on so that I don' forget about her. She has gotten to know the yard well enough that she will end up in the neighbors yard or on the street if you don't watch her or leave her out to long.

so on to the story.......

I got stuck with a problem at work yesterday so Jeff was able to get out of work earlier than me. He probably got home about 20-25 minutes earlier than me.

As I'm pulling up to the house I see Trixie in the front yard. She looked so cute.

After I gather all of my stuff out of the car I start heading for the house. I didn't see her at first and assumed Jeff brought her in. All of a sudden I see her out of the corner of my eye....She is walking on the side of the street. I start screaming for her. Of course she is enjoying herself and doesn't care if I'm calling for her. I start walking as fast as I can with my laptop and purse in tow.....(I'm not sure why I didn't drop them at this point) By the time I catch up with her she is on the side of the street in front of the neighbors house.

I corral her and get her to head from the front door.

I finally get to the front door and it is locked......a bad sign considering trixie was out....

Jeff opens the door with a surprised look that turns sheepish very quickly. He had let Trixie out the back door when he came home and had completely forgotten about her. Had I not come home when I did god only knows what would have happened to her. She didn't have any of her tags on so even if someone found her they wouldn't know who she belonged to (needless to say I'll be making sure she has a collar when she goes out from now on)

Needless to say Jeff won't be mocking me about using the timer anytime soon.....

1 comment:

  1. MY POOR PRECIOUS!!BAD BAD GLOOPIES DADDY, NOT THAT WE HAVEN'T DONE THAT AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER.
    IN MY OTHER COMMENT I DIDN'T MEAN I WAS TIRED OF READING YOUR BLOG . I MEANT THAT YOU GUYS WORK SO HARD I GET TIRED OF JUST READING ABOUT IT.
    AS BAD AS I FEEL ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS, THERE ARE SO MANY THAT SOMETIMES IT;S AMUSING

    ReplyDelete