After a lot of hard work, Jeff was finally able to install the light in the upstairs hall bath.
The poor guy measured where the fixture needed to go .... and measured it again to be sure.... not realizing that the mirror beneath it, that we had removed earlier, didn't sit flat on our vanity (I only knew because I had installed it after painting it the first time) We put the mirror back and had the light fully connected when we discovered the error as he tried to push it up the wall. He had to disconnect everything, move the box, and then reconnect everything. I felt so sorry for him..... but even more sorry for my poor arms for holding things up the whole time. eek.....
The positive news is that we now have a bathroom for my parents to use. Score!!!! I'll post some pictures after I decorate it.
That is the good news. The bad news is that Jeff went to fix the faucet downstairs and discovered that there is corrosion in the connecting pipes and he would have to not only replace the faucet but all of the connecting parts. We've decided not to touch it until after the holidays. Having to use the hot water faucet is annoying.... but having no water at all because we couldn't fix it and didn't want to spend a boatload calling in a plumber on Christmas would just be STUPID!!!!
Monday, December 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment