Wednesday, December 16, 2009

It has been awhile since I've posted

As you probably know by now, Trixie was given a month to live on October 14th. Since that time my life has completely revolved around her. She was in really bad shape that week and we thought we were going to have to put her down any day. She improved but is extremely finicky in eating, wants a ton of attention and since she can't play anymore (because activity will bring on the seizures) everytime she wants to play I have to pick her up. Needless to say any extra time I used to blog with has gone to taking care of her.

In October, I cancelled my work trip to Chicago because we didn't want me to leave and risk her having to be put down while I was gone. However, I needed to go to Australia for work in December and there was no way I could cancel the trip. It was sad to leave her with mom, but I knew she would be in good hands. I was right. I came back and mom was still enjoying her company.

In response to my last post, one of our good friends was kind enough to loan us a microwave until we can figure out what to do about getting a new one. Thank goodness. I realized that those days were the first time in my adult life that I didn't have a microwave. Do you have any idea how hard it is to heat dog food without a microwave?

No comments:

Post a Comment