I've been so busy lately I haven't had time to blog. Last week I spent all of my free time prepping and spackling our new bedroom. Talk about living the big life while Jeff was traveling.
We were supposed to work on our guest bathroom upstairs this weekend, but prepping the new bedroom took prioritiy since we want to start tearing down the leaking bathroom. We still can't find a color that looks good with the puke yellow tile in the guest bathroom. We just bought the color "celery" to try. For those of you keeping track... I HATE celery... so I figured with the luck of this house it would be the perfect color for the guest bathroom.
This weekend we removed the furniture, removed the shelving units (and spackled accordingly) primed and then painted the ceilings walls and the paneling. I almost forgot to mention that it took 9 paint samples to get the 2 colors right in the bedroom. If you ever need a sherwin williams test color please feel free to stop by, we have a selection of about 30 currently sitting in our basement.
Currently Jeff is painting the trim. Once we get the chair rail and baseboard molding done we need to sand the windows. Once we do all of that we can finally move in. It will suck that we will painting (the windows) while we are living in there, but so is life.
Moving in will be yet another fun occassion. We will have our dressers and bathroom downstairs but our hanging clothes will remain upstairs in the guest room.... can nothing be easy in this house?????
oh yes.. speaking of the house... and broken things.. that reminds me. Our water in our new fridge stopped working. I swear we have a quota of one broken thing a day. Argh!!
On a positive note, we bought a bistro table and chairs for our patio this weekend. I put that together along with the bench that holds our patio set cushions. The one question I have is why in the hell do furniture makers require the use of hex wrenches to assemble their furniture. For the love of god, why can't they use screws so I could use an electric screwdriver to put the furniture together instead of spending an hour and a half swearing at the damn things. I have hex wrench thumb as a result of this weekend... ARGH!!!!
oh yeah.. speaking of argh...we spoke to our insurance companies and nobody is going to cover the leak in the bathroom..... yes.. we have 2 insurances and neither are going to cover.... gotta love life!
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I guess you didnt go away n relax for the weekend. By the way they make a hex attachment for the electric screw driver. Are you ready to move into a new townhouse yet???LOLO
ReplyDelete